2007年9月29日

Prosperity gospel

Ok guys, today we are going to talk about prosperity gospel in our theology class. In fact, the stuff I want to show you is just my personal opinion, and you could agree or disagree 'cause we all have our own standpoint. The reason why I want to discuss this topic is partly because of the book "Your Best Life Now" I read recently.

##CONTINUE##
Some people say that those famous pastors, such as Joel Osteen, Kong Hee, Yonggi Cho, and so on, always preach so-called prosperity gospel to persuade someone to believe in Jesus, and that the gospel they share is not the whole gospel. But in fact, so many people want to join their church to listen to their sermons. If my memory is correct, Joel's church is the biggest in the US, and Kong Hee's is the biggest in Singapore, and Yonggi Cho's is the biggest in the world. Why do they have such enormous impact on the present Christians, compared to those conservative church leaders with little influence on their followers? In my opinion, maybe today's believers need something more practical and practicable. In the past, people put more emphasis on the afterlife, like heaven, hell, or God; however, modern people in this fast-paced world perhaps pay more attention to how to survive in the high pressure and stress of interpersonal relationships, work environments, etc. I'm convinced that the whole gospel must help people live not only everlasting lives but happier and more meaningful present lives.

Where am I? The book...right, "Your Best Life Now", maybe I would share with you my learning from that book next time. Anyway, it's really a readable book for even the non-Christians like you. I think you would learn many wisdoms and lessons of life in this book.

PS. Welcome anyone's comments on this article about the correctness of English usage. I really need someone to help me correct my writing.

2 則留言:

  1. hey I saw your msg left on my blog . I heard that you are going to get married soon , is it true????

    Well , anyway , be blessed and if there's anything I can help on your application or test ,just tell me ^ ^

    回覆刪除
  2. 不能說SOON,不過希望明年可以完成終生大事,你申請學校也加油吧~

    回覆刪除

本著作係採用 創用CC 姓名標示-非商業性-相同方式分享 2.5 台灣 授權條款 授權